A clifftop villa near the Algarve village of Burgau, Villa Tavares lies around 12km west of Lagos. With breathtaking ocean views and extremely spacious outdoor areas, this 5-bedroom villa comes with its own private pool and has beautifully appointed interiors.
This stunning beachfront villa gets plenty of sun, with south-facing terraces enjoying wondrous views of the Atlantic. In addition to the very large swimming pool, you have lawned and paved areas ideal for sunbathing on loungers, a covered dining area and places to sit and relax – this continues on the upper terraces too, where another dining space has a particularly striking sea view.
An internal staircase leads you from the entrance hall to the first floor, where you have an open-plan space incorporating a living area with flatscreen TV, a dining table and chairs seating eight guests, and the kitchen, equipped with induction hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher and coffee machine.
Also on this level, the master bedroom has a large double bed and en suite shower room, and there is another double bedroom with en suite too. These rooms are air-conditioned with ocean views and access to the terrace.
There are two more en suite doubles downstairs, along with another kitchen and living area – not to mention a great bathroom with whirlpool bath, hydro-massage shower cabin and sauna. The final bedroom is in a separate apartment and can be used as either a double or twin. Like all the others, it has an en suite and TV.
At around 1km from the beach and the centre of Burgau, this villa is well positioned for a number of bars and restaurants. The village has other facilities including a supermarket and a bank as well. Head into Lagos and there’s plenty to enjoy, with a zoo, marina and the enchanting cliff formations of the Ponta da Piedade among its attractions.
What you should know…
- A security deposit is required for stays at this villa
- If pool heating is required, this will incur an additional charge
- This villa’s numerous spacious terraces enjoy some spectacular scenery, and they’re quiet and undisturbed too
- The villa has some magnificent bathrooms – look out for the whirlpool bath and top-notch showers you won’t want to leave
- The extensive gardens at Villa Tavares are incredible – perfect for some quiet time away from the group when you want it
- On the western side of the Algarve coast, this villa is ideal for an excursion to stunning Cabo de São Vicente and its lighthouse, right on the far western tip