Enjoying a gently elevated hillside position Casa da Montanha enjoys the most marvellous, sweeping 270° views across open countryside to the sea and inland towards the Monchique Mountains. This very attractive and welcoming country house is spacious, exceedingly well proportioned and beautifully kept. The exterior colour scheme of white with blue trim contrasts vividly with the ochre hues of the terracotta roof tiles providing a striking first impression as you approach.
The generous living/dining room is very comfortably furnished, with white sofas and furniture creating a smart, contemporary look atop conker-red floor tiles. Light and airy, two pairs of glass panelled doors lead onto a broad covered terrace overlooking the garden.
The kitchen alongside the dining area is another sizeable space and a chef’s delight with its comprehensive inventory and excellent range of modern, fitted equipment. Flowing easily over two floors in one wing of the house are four of the bedrooms; the principal bedroom boasting its own balcony from which commanding views can be enjoyed across the grounds and surrounding countryside to the coast.
Two beautiful suites located just a few steps away in the meticulously landscaped garden create a number of convenient options for sharing families or groups of friends seeking an added degree of privacy. All nine bedrooms are very tastefully appointed with their own en suite bath or shower room, as well as individual air conditioning.
Montanha’s well established grounds are large and luxuriant with rockeries, mature shrubs, much larger than average private swimming pool, a separate, dedicated children’s pool and in built barbecue. Completing first-class facilities, a magnificent poolside games room provides the perfect shady retreat for both children and adults alike.
Several country restaurants, bars and basic shops can be found in and around Boliqueime (4km) and Paderne (8km) with the famous sandy beaches of the Algarve coastline just 12km. Head south to one of our favourite beaches, Praia dos Barcos and at the eastern end of the beach, look out for the colourful fishing boats that bring in the daily catch.
- Housekeeping service six days per week (not Sunday).
- *The main pool can be heated (minimum three days notice to be fully effective) at a cost of €285 (€299 for 2020 bookings) per week, paid directly to the house owner.
- The main pool can be fenced on request (no extra charge if requested at time of booking).
- Parties paying the 10 person rate will have access to the main house only.
- Parties paying the 11-12 person rate will have access to the main house plus the living room and one of the bedrooms in the King Suite.
- Parties paying the 13-14 person rate will have access to the main house and the whole of the King Suite.
- Parties paying the 15-16 person rate will have access to the main house, the King Suite and the Queen Suite.
- The owners of Casa da Montanha respectfully request that guests do not smoke inside the house.
- Flexible changeover days are possible at this house (but not in peak season) – please enquire